Total hip replacement surgery is procedure where the doctor removes the damaged cartilage and bone and then replaces it with artificial material. This method is called total hip replacement or hip arthroplasty. This surgical procedure usually takes around 2-3 hours to complete.
If a person is suffering from the following symptoms, then he should seek the guidance of a doctor as soon as possible.
- Severe pain in the affected hip
- The person will start limping because of the pain in the hip
- The movement of the person will be affected, he may be not able to do certain things like jump or use stairs.
- Discrepancy of the length of a limb.
Types of Hip Replacement
- Total hip Replacement
- Proxima Hip replacement
- Bilateral Hip Replacement
- Hip Resurfacing
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Computer Assisted Surgery
At the time of the surgery, the surgeon will replace the head of the acetabulum and femur with new artificial parts. These artificial parts are made of such materials that allow the natural movement and motion of the joint. The parts that used the in the surgery to replace the joint comes in two varieties
- Cemented: the cemented procedure which uses the cemented part. This cemented part is the joined with the healthy, existing bone with cement or a special medical glue.
- Uncemented: in this, the parts which are made of porous surface are used. These parts joined along the bone so that the bone will grow over the part and hold it as a new part in its place. This process is called biologic fixation.
There is another method used for the treatment, it is called hybrid replacement. In this, the surgeon will use both cemented femur and uncemented acetabulat part.
After the surgery, the doctor will ask you to stay in the hospital for a minimum of 4-7 days. You will be asked to stay in bed for that time with a soft cushion between your legs to keep the new part in place. A drainage tube will also be attached which will help you in urination avoid you the trouble to go to the bathroom.
Why India for Hip replacement surgery?
India is equipped with world’s best medical facilities along with world class treatment. The surgeons who performs the surgery are best hip replacement surgeons in India. The quality of the hospitals and medical infrastructure in one of the best. Most of the hospitals in India are USA and JCI certified hospitals which certifies that they meet the standards of UK/US hospitals.
The Indian hospitals are considered best globally in terms of
- Best doctor for hip replacement surgery in India
- Best intensive care unit
- World’s best operation theatres.
- Highly trained staff
Another factor India preferred as the medical tourism is because of the cost of the treatment. The treatment in quite cheaper than western countries as they world class treatment with less rates.
The rate of Hip replacement surgery in India is around 8,500 USD compared to USA 55,000 USD and UK 20,000 GBP.